I had heard many positive reviews about the movie Prometheus. I’d read about it in the MX Newspaper on the way home from school. I had talked to my dad about it, and how critics had rated the film a worthy prequel to the ‘Aliens’ franchise. And yes, while I definitely agree to this, and can say that the movie was exceptionally well made, the rather grotesque special effects and cinematography proves to be a very effective nightmare instigator.
For those of you who may not know, Prometheus is a science fiction film, directed by Ridley Scott. It is set in the late 21st century, with the story based on the crew of a spaceship called the Prometheus, who follow a star map that was discovered by the remains of several ancient Earth cultures. They fly to a distant world and find an advanced civilization, where the crew seeks the origins of humanity, but instead find a threat that could lead to the extinction of the human race.
Now, for the facts:
– offers insight for the events prior to the first Aliens film.
– special effects are realistic and well made, with the 3D enhancing the experience
– the acting and characters were( on a general level) good, yet criticism may be made regarding the fact that some of the characters lacked common sense.
– the plot was predictable in parts, and leaves questions unanswered int era’s of story (there is ongoing discussion about a sequel for Prometheus)
– definitely not suitable for the more squeamish of viewers, as some scenes are quite graphic.
All in all, a film worth watching, if for a bit of fun. Though, if you are like me, you’ll be sticking to only seeing this film ONCE.